On this page you can find more detail about my work, including my interests, publications, conferences, and talks. Also, you may be interested in my University Webpage, here.
My research is focused on Quantum Computation and Information, and I’m interested also in topics coming from Theoretical Computer Science. I’m half a Theoretician and Programmer (I love spending time on my computer), using both approaches when dealing with a problem.
At the moment, for my PhD I am investigating and studying one of the most interesting application of Quantum Computing, that is Quantum Machine Learning.
Programming languages and tools: Qiskit, Pennylane, Python, Fortran, Mathematica, …
- F. Tacchino, S. Mangini, P. Kl. Barkoutsos, C. Macchiavello, D. Gerace, I. Tavernelli, D. Bajoni (2021). Variational learning for artificial neural networks, arXiv:2103.02498.
- S. Mangini, F. Tacchino, D. Gerace, D. Bajoni, C. Macchiavello (2021). Quantum computing models for artificial neural networks, arXiv:2102.03879.
- S. Mangini, F. Tacchino, C. Macchiavello, D. Gerace, D. Bajoni (2020). Quantum computing model of an artificial neuron with continuously valued input data. Machine Learning: Science and Technology 1(4): 045008.
- F. Benatti, S. Mancini, S. Mangini (2020). Continuous variable quantum perceptron. International Journal of Quantum Information 17(08): 1941009.
- Young Italian Quantum Information Science (YIQIS) 2020. Title: “Quantum Computing models for artificial neurons” (slides).
- Hackathon on CEREBELLUM MODELLING (2020). Organized by Human Brain Project (HBP). Link to event description